Monday, March 26, 2012

Convergence

convergingpresent participle of con·verge (Verb)


Verb:
  1. (of several people or things) Come together from different directions so as eventually to meet.
  2. Come from different directions and meet at (a place)
Life can sometimes have a very cruel sense of humor, just when you think you've gotten to the top of the mountain, you realize that your only on a small cliff.....you see you didn't know that there was another 500 feet of mountain just beyond the clouds that were looming over your head.

I'm not sure how much longer I'll be writing these articles. When I first started writing them, I was at the very beginning of the journey that would bring 20 years of life as I knew it to an end. That chapter is very soon to be formally closed. Please don't misunderstand me, I'm at peace with that.

I do have fears of the unknown. Being financially responsible for all the bills of this home, for all of my beautiful children. The children that I owe my life to, God only knows how this journey would have ended for me without them. The fear of just living. But it's a welcomed fear.

I've come to the realization that fear in and of it's self is not a bad thing, it's simply something that we have to meet head on. But mind you, fear is not something that you can put your hands on, or destroy. You simply wound it enough to disparate. I will present itself again in another place, and at another time. I think that's why God tells us in Deuteronomy 31:16  "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Because he knew we would be faced with fear many, many times.

 But back to the story at hand......I'm at the point in my life where the old life and the new life have converged, and wrapped themselves around one another like so much twisted metal. The thing is, I didn't see it coming. For some reason I had the audacity to think that once all of this was over, I would just be happy. I knew that there would be the regular life's troubles, but not this. Oh I know it's only temporary, because that's the beauty of time. As time passes it brings change. And there is one great thing that I've learned through this process, I have learned to Stand. Ephesians 6:13 "Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand"


So I'm setting about the business of trying to untwist the metal, and the only tools I have are my bare hands. So there's bound to be a few cuts an scratches, but nothing that I can't handle.

So for anyone that happens to come across this blog and you're going through a separation, divorce, or any sort of life shattering event, know this, you can make it. It was a very dear friend of mine that told me, Embrace the process." There will be good days and bad days, but there will be days, and isn't that the point, that there will be days. You will live you will survive, you will get through this......I promise. After all, If I can do it you can, just remember that This To Shall Pass.

3 comments:

  1. So now it is Dec 2012 and I just found this blog and am about to go through this process myself, I'm the same age as when you started, but no kids. I'm terrified! How are you now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm looking for your contact info for a bookreview/post?
    Can you email me at EdenLiterary at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across this blog. God led me here and I thank HIM and you for the word of revelation (for me).

    ReplyDelete